Tuesday, August 23, 2016

#MTBoSBlaugust Parent Communication

Connecting with parents is essential!  I discovered that high school parents LOVE it when you communicate with them!  They appreciate the extra effort and they like knowing what is happening in
your classroom!

So what did I do?  I sent out a weekly email!  I kept it short, newsy, informal.  I made comment on a recent activity and encouraged parents to ask their teens about it.  I included upcoming events in class, and school wide.  I dragged the email into a file for a record of positive communication!

I also invited parents to join my Remind group.  I embedded the Remind texts (streaming) on our class website.  At the end of the year I downloaded the texts as part of my communication evidence.

Last I made all of our work public.  I used Google Sites but other websites would work just as well.  I liked Google Sites because it interacted with Google Drive nicely.  I created a folder for all class documents.  Uploaded that folder to our class website.  Then when I added each assignment, it automatically updated online.

How are you communicating with parents?  How do you provide them a snapshot of what's happening in your classroom?



No comments:

Post a Comment